The ERSO team of Damon Hinson, Elise Mills, Derek Johnson and Yulia Golubovskaya proudly present the poster they developed at RAC's Poster Session on June 14th. The team presented ERSO's unique and comprehensive Faculty Orientation Program. Their creativity and unique poster content interested many research administrators as well as research leaders at the session. The ERSO poster was selected as the winner out of 8 posters. Kudos to the team for representing ERSO well and for the great work on the poster.
The 2016-17 Campus Fiscal Close Checklist is available; the checklists includes both CSS and campus deadlines. Team 2/ERSO will be observing the same published deadlines listed for CSS.
For more information, please visit the the Controller's website:
Annie Ren sat for the Certified Research Administrator (CRA) test this last fall and passed. This exam is administered by the Research Administrators Certification Council. Now Annie is officially a CRA, joining the ranks of 3 others presently in ERSO. Kudos to Annie!
What to Expect
- Update your browser bookmarks to go to the Next Gen Intranet, at https://www.erso.berkeley.edu/ersoapp.
- The First Generation Intranet will remain avalable for access of archived transactions, at https://www.erso.berkeley.edu/internal.
- Requests approved in the current system by Monday, January 2nd will be processed and archived in that system. After this deadline, unapproved requests will be canceled and ERSO staff will work with the original submitter to re-submit their request in the Next Gen system.
- Drop into a classroom training session date, or email email@example.com to request a live training session for your group of 5 or more.
- Training materials are available on the ERSO website Help & Training page.
- See the What’s New in Next Generation Intranet Guide.
- firstname.lastname@example.org is your resource for system questions.
Training sessions will introduce the Next Generation Intranet, which launches on December 12th. These meetings will offer a system demonstration and address use and questions for programmatic staff and Team 2 customers.
Sessions will be held on the following dates
Wednesday, December 7th: 11 AM - 12 PM, 212 Cory Hall
Thursday, December 8th: 11 AM - 12 PM, 212 Cory Hall
Monday, December 12th: 1 - 2 PM, 212 Cory Hall
Tuesday, December 13th: 1 - 2 PM, 531 Cory Hall
Please come and learn about the new features and use of Next Gen Intranet!
ERSO / Team 2 offices will close after Friday, December 23, 2016 through Monday, January 2, 2017 for the annual energy curtailment and winter break. Deadlines for Purchasing and Payroll will be shorter in December.
To ensure Purchase Orders are placed with vendor by December 23rd, submit your purchase requests:
- before Friday, December 9th for orders under $5K;
- before Friday, December 2nd for orders between $5K - $100K;
- within 16 business hours for BearBuy catalog vendors;
- contact Alice Wong <email@example.com> to discuss your specific requirements on orders over $100K.
- Contact ERSOpurchasing@erso.berkeley.edu with general questions.
- Deadlines are based on receipt of complete request; incomplete orders will delay order placement.
- Shipments received at 266 Sutardja Dai Hall by Tuesday, December 20th will be delivered by Wednesday, December 21st.
- Any shipment received after Tuesday, December 20th will be delivered by Wednesday, January 4th.
- Contact ERSO-Receiving@erso.berkeley.edu with questions.
- RA's: PET Submission Deadline to transfer August federal funds: 12/14/16
- Tutor/ReaderTimesheet December Deadline for pay on 1/3/17: 12/20/16
- Late/One-Time/Retroactive Requests for pay on 1/3/17: 12/20/16
- Bi-weekly Employees & Student Assistant Caltime deadline
- to report time from 12/4-12/17: 12/16/16 by Noon
- to report time from 12/18-12/31: 1/3/17 by 5pm
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Newly hired or rehired GSRs, GSIs, Readers or Tutors will receive an email from the Human Resources team about attending a hiring session prior to your appointment start date. Hiring sessions are held:
Wednesday and Thursdays: 1-3pm
Contact email@example.com with any questions about the hiring process.
Open Enrollment ends on November 22nd at 5pm sharp!
UC offers a wealth of valuable benefits for faculty and staff, and Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to review your UC benefits to make sure you have the best coverage for 2017.
New for 2017 are Disability Plan Changes and the addition of Canopy Health. Read more about these changes at our website. And don’t forget, you must enroll or re-enroll in the Health and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA's) if you want to participate in 2017. Remember, if you choose Anthem Blue Cross Health Savings Plan as your medical plan, you cannot enroll in the Health FSA.
To make your Open Enrollment elections, visit the UC Open Enrollment website. The following resources are available if you have any questions during the Open Enrollment period: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/oe
Nominations due for ERSO-Team2 Spot Awards!
The deadline to submit SPOT awards is Thursday, November 10, 2016.
Please submit completed and signed nomination forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can visit http://hrweb.berkeley.edu/compensation/recognition for a full summary of the SPOT Awards eligibility criteria, nomination forms and FAQs.
A big welcome to HR Operations team member, Yesica Mendez!
Yesica, who is a Cal grad, comes to our team from CSS where she worked as part of the HR team for Housing and Dining. We are happy and excited to have her as part of our team! Yesica's office is located in 199 MD Cory Hall. Please stop by to introduce yourself and welcome her to Team 2-ERSO!