UC offers a wealth of valuable benefits for faculty and staff, and Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to review your UC benefits to make sure you have the best coverage for 2018.
Learn about benefit changes and details benefit plans for 2018 by visiting the UC Open Enrollment website. And don’t forget, you must enroll or re-enroll in the Health and/or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA's) if you want to participate in 2018.
To make your Open Enrollment elections, visit the UC Open Enrollment website. The following resources are available if you have any questions during the Open Enrollment period.
Some members of the ERSO team enjoyed a great night of food, laughter and competition. The ERSO team cheered for the Cal women's volleyball team Friday, September 15th. Everyone enjoyed spending time with their colleagues outside of work. At the game the jumbo-tron even had a special welcoming message for ERSO. The smiles in the picture say it all!
Effort reporting is a process mandated by the federal government to verify that direct labor charges to, or cost shared on, sponsored projects are accurate, timely, and reflect the actual level of work performed. For more information on Effort Reporting, visit CGA’s website: http://controller.berkeley.edu/cga/effort-reporting
Deadlines are listed here:
09/01-09/13: ERC Review Period
09/14-10/01: RSO Reviewer Period
10/02/10/17: PI Review and Certification Period
10/18-10/28: Resolution of late and last minute issues
October 28, 2017: Hard deadline for final certification!
For specific questions about approving your effort reports, please contact your Research Administrator.
Newly hired or rehired GSRs, GSIs, Readers or Tutors will receive an email from the Human Resources team about attending a hiring session prior to your appointment start date. Hiring sessions are held:
Wednesday and Thursdays: 1-3pm
Contact email@example.com with any questions about the hiring process.
The ERSO team of Damon Hinson, Elise Mills, Derek Johnson and Yulia Golubovskaya proudly present the poster they developed at RAC's Poster Session on June 14th. The team presented ERSO's unique and comprehensive Faculty Orientation Program. Their creativity and unique poster content interested many research administrators as well as research leaders at the session. The ERSO poster was selected as the winner out of 8 posters. Kudos to the team for representing ERSO well and for the great work on the poster.
The 2016-17 Campus Fiscal Close Checklist is available; the checklists includes both CSS and campus deadlines. Team 2/ERSO will be observing the same published deadlines listed for CSS.
For more information, please visit the the Controller's website:
Annie Ren sat for the Certified Research Administrator (CRA) test this last fall and passed. This exam is administered by the Research Administrators Certification Council. Now Annie is officially a CRA, joining the ranks of 3 others presently in ERSO. Kudos to Annie!
What to Expect
- Update your browser bookmarks to go to the Next Gen Intranet, at https://www.erso.berkeley.edu/ersoapp.
- The First Generation Intranet will remain avalable for access of archived transactions, at https://www.erso.berkeley.edu/internal.
- Requests approved in the current system by Monday, January 2nd will be processed and archived in that system. After this deadline, unapproved requests will be canceled and ERSO staff will work with the original submitter to re-submit their request in the Next Gen system.
- Drop into a classroom training session date, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a live training session for your group of 5 or more.
- Training materials are available on the ERSO website Help & Training page.
- See the What’s New in Next Generation Intranet Guide.
- email@example.com is your resource for system questions.
Training sessions will introduce the Next Generation Intranet, which launches on December 12th. These meetings will offer a system demonstration and address use and questions for programmatic staff and Team 2 customers.
Sessions will be held on the following dates
Wednesday, December 7th: 11 AM - 12 PM, 212 Cory Hall
Thursday, December 8th: 11 AM - 12 PM, 212 Cory Hall
Monday, December 12th: 1 - 2 PM, 212 Cory Hall
Tuesday, December 13th: 1 - 2 PM, 531 Cory Hall
Please come and learn about the new features and use of Next Gen Intranet!
ERSO / Team 2 offices will close after Friday, December 23, 2016 through Monday, January 2, 2017 for the annual energy curtailment and winter break. Deadlines for Purchasing and Payroll will be shorter in December.
To ensure Purchase Orders are placed with vendor by December 23rd, submit your purchase requests:
- before Friday, December 9th for orders under $5K;
- before Friday, December 2nd for orders between $5K - $100K;
- within 16 business hours for BearBuy catalog vendors;
- contact Alice Wong <firstname.lastname@example.org> to discuss your specific requirements on orders over $100K.
- Contact ERSOpurchasing@erso.berkeley.edu with general questions.
- Deadlines are based on receipt of complete request; incomplete orders will delay order placement.
- Shipments received at 266 Sutardja Dai Hall by Tuesday, December 20th will be delivered by Wednesday, December 21st.
- Any shipment received after Tuesday, December 20th will be delivered by Wednesday, January 4th.
- Contact ERSO-Receiving@erso.berkeley.edu with questions.
- RA's: PET Submission Deadline to transfer August federal funds: 12/14/16
- Tutor/ReaderTimesheet December Deadline for pay on 1/3/17: 12/20/16
- Late/One-Time/Retroactive Requests for pay on 1/3/17: 12/20/16
- Bi-weekly Employees & Student Assistant Caltime deadline
- to report time from 12/4-12/17: 12/16/16 by Noon
- to report time from 12/18-12/31: 1/3/17 by 5pm
- Contact email@example.com with questions.